Burberry partners with DreamWorks Animation and NOVA
Burberry partners with DreamWorks Animation and NOVA to create the first interactive luxury marketing campaign using new 3D technology
Burberry has become the first luxury brand to partner with DreamWorks Animation’s newly formed technology company NOVA, to launch an interactive marketing campaign featuring brand new 3D technology.
Using the NOVA media visualisation platform, Burberry has designed a brand new digital out of home experience, featuring computer-generated versions of its iconic heritage scarf that users will be able to personalise and play with on the world famous ‘Curve’ screen in Piccadilly Circus, London.
The campaign will allow up to five users to explore the full range of Burberry scarves on their mobile device, monogram their favourite and see it appear on the giant screen where it will fly around directed by the motion of their device.
They will then have the option to purchase their scarf on Burberry.com or receive directions to the nearby Regent Street flagship store.
Christopher Bailey, Chief Creative and Chief Executive Officer of Burberry said:
“DreamWorks Animation is peerless in the work that it has done on the big screen in so many stunning films. They have constantly pushed the boundaries of what is possible in digital animation and with their latest NOVA platform we have been able to partner with them to create something really beautiful and engaging for our customers. We are thrilled to be working with such an incredible company led by Jeffrey Katzenberg - a truly innovative and creative thinker. We are looking forward to seeing how audiences react.”
Jeffrey Katzenberg, Chief Executive Officer of DreamWorks Animation said:
“Burberry is a world leader in luxury, and, leveraging NOVA’s technology, we’re thrilled to help them demonstrate a new and innovative product experience that enables consumers to both personalize and visualize the iconic Burberry scarf.”
“The NOVA visualisation platform is ideally suited for this type of consumer engagement,” said Lincoln Wallen,” Chief Technology Officer of DreamWorks Animation and NOVA’s CEO. “We’ve paired our state-of-the-art renderer, the same type of technology we use to power our 3D films with our highly-scalable digital asset management solution -- all delivered through a cloud-based platform. Put simply, the result for Burberry is not only a tremendous amount of flexibility, but also a product that looks just as beautiful on screen as it does in stores.”
The experience will launch on the 14th December at 10am GMT and will run 24 hours a day until the 31st December.
Notes to editors
- Established in 1856, Burberry is a global British luxury brand with a heritage of innovation, craftsmanship and design
- The Burberry business comprises 5 divisions: mens, womens, childrens, accessories and beauty
- Burberry is headquartered in London and listed on the London Stock Exchange (BRBY.L), Burberry is a constituent of the FTSE 100 index
- Visit www.burberry.com for further information
- Burberry is ranked number one on L2’s Fashion Digital IQ (November, 2015)
- Burberry has more than 38 million followers across 19 social media platforms
- Burberry’s Festive film has been seen over 26m times across YouTube, Facebook, LINE and Youku
- Burberry was the first global brand to launch a channel on Apple Music (September 2015)
- Burberry partnered with Snapchat to preview Burberry SS16 Womenswear collection the day before the runway show (September 2015)
- Burberry was the first brand to live stream on Japan messaging platform LINE
About the experience
- The festive scarves video will play constantly on the screen to invite users to connect and play
- Users are invited to go to Burberry.com/play to take part using their mobile device
- Users are invited to choose their favourite scarf, which then appears on screen by flicking their mobile device
- Once the user has thrown multiple scarves to explore the selection they can choose to monogram
- A maximum of five people can play at once
- After seeing their monogrammed scarf on the screen and on their device the user can go to Burberry.com or 121 Regent St to purchase