Burberry’s latest augmented reality experience invites customers to immerse themselves in the modern classicism of the brand’s signature Olympia Bag. Harnessing 8th Wall’s augmented reality technology, Burberry created a unique web-based experience, allowing customers to see statues come to life around them at a series of global pop-ups and pop-ins that will celebrate the Olympia bag.
With no app required, the experience is accessible by scanning QR codes with a smartphone, enabling visitors to awaken a statue by placing an animated digital version of it in the room and watch as it walks towards them, leaving a trail of motion sequence statues behind it. Users will be able to capture photo or video content of the moving statue, enabling them to share their unique experience on social media.
The World of Olympia pop-ups will begin in Harrods in May and travel to Galaxy Macau, Bergdorf Goodman, Nanjing Deji, Shinsegae Centum, HK and Isetan later in the year. It will also be available as pop-ins at select Burberry stores globally. The activation is the latest in a series of innovations designed to explore the relationship between the physical and digital realm, and enhance Burberry customers’ luxury experience as they return to stores.
NOTES TO EDITORS
BURBERRY AND AUGMENTED REALITY
- In February 2020, Burberry launched a new Augmented Reality shopping tool through Google Search technology.
- Customers can shop the latest Pocket Bags on Burberry.com, utilising a tool to place AR versions of the pocket bags in their surroundings and see them at scale against other real-life objects.
- To mark the Spring/Summer 21 launch of the Pocket bag, Burberry created a web-based augmented reality experience that allows users to design their own 3D Pocket bag sculptures, inspired by the maritime themes of its SS21 campaign.
- Burberry is a global luxury brand, headquartered in London, UK.
- Founded in 1856, Burberry is listed on the London Stock Exchange (BRBY.L) and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 index.
- BURBERRY, the Equestrian Knight Device, the Burberry Check and the Thomas Burberry Monogram and Print are trademarks belonging to Burberry.
- For more news: www.burberryplc.com
ABOUT 8TH WALL
- 8th Wall is an award-winning computer vision software company that makes it possible to build interactive web-based augmented reality (WebAR) that can be experienced on any smartphone—no app required.
- 8th Wall has powered AR experiences for brands across industry verticals including retail, food and beverage, travel and tourism, automotive, fashion, sports and entertainment.
- Learn more about 8th Wall at www.8thwall.com