Burberry to take Autumn/Winter 2020 runway show to Shanghai
Burberry is pleased to announce it will be taking its Autumn/Winter 2020 collection to Shanghai on Thursday 23 April.
As part of a dedicated programme of activities the fashion house has planned in China this year, the men’s and women’s show will include new looks designed specifically for the event that will be available to purchase exclusively in the market.
Driving engagement and inspiring luxury consumers in China is a key focus for Burberry in 2020. Burberry began the year with a dedicated Lunar New Year campaign and limited-edition capsule supported by a new online game in honour of the Year of the Rat. Later in 2020, Burberry will open a social retail store in Shenzhen Bay as part of an exclusive partnership with Chinese technology powerhouse Tencent. Blending social media and retail, the store will offer unique experiences that connect luxury consumers’ social and online lives to their physical environments – enabling them to interact, share and shop.
“Over the next 12 months we will be focusing our communications on the highest visibility touchpoints to deepen the emotional connection we are building with luxury consumers. We want to continually inspire our customers. The show is the latest in a series of exciting events we have planned this year in China, one of our most important markets, as we set out on the next phase of our transformation.”
Marco Gobbetti, Burberry Chief Executive Officer
“My first years at Burberry were focused on establishing and defining my new identity for the house. Now we are ready to take this vision outside of London in new and exciting ways. Doing a show in China is a first for me. It’s a country that has always been so supportive of me and the moment will be a culmination of everything the teams and I have been working towards since I first started. It will be a celebration of our collections and our new attitude in one of the most innovative and inspiring cities in the world.”
Riccardo Tisci, Burberry Chief Creative Officer
Notes to Editors
- Burberry’s Autumn/Winter 2020 show will first be presented in London on Monday 17 February during London Fashion Week.
- Burberry’s social retail store, in partnership with Tencent, will open in the new Shenzhen Bay MixC development in the first half of 2020.
- Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude.
- At 28 September 2019, Burberry had 223 retail stores globally, 148 concessions, 52 outlets and 44 franchise stores. Burberry has 61 stores in China.
- Founded in 1856 and headquartered in London, UK, Burberry is listed on the London Stock Exchange (BRBY.L) and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 index.
- BURBERRY, the Equestrian Knight Device, the Burberry Check and the Thomas Burberry Monogram and Print are trademarks belonging to Burberry.
- For more news: www.burberryplc.com