Terms and Conditions for Burberry Group plc
Last Updated: 11th May 2017
- The pages on the website (“Website‘’) are published by Burberry Group plc, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 03458224 (who we refer to as (‘’Burberry’’, ‘‘us‘’, ‘’our’’ or ’’we’‘)), with its registered office at Horseferry House, Horseferry Road, London, SW1P 2AW.
- We reserve the right to vary these Terms and update the Website at our discretion. The amended Terms will apply from the date on which they are made available here and you agree to comply with any amended terms if you continue to use our Website after they have been posted. You should check these Terms every time you use our Website.
- You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our Website through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and other applicable terms and conditions, and that they comply with them.
- If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
B. WEBSITE CONTENT AND USE
- The information published on our Website is published by us or, where indicated, by certain third parties. Whilst we take every care and precaution to ensure that the information published on the Website is accurate when posted and regularly updated, we do not guarantee its accuracy and we may change the information at any time without notice to you.
- Content and information provided by third parties other than Burberry is identified clearly where it appears. We publish this content as supplied to us and are not responsible for its accuracy or timeliness. You must take appropriate steps to verify this information before acting upon it.
- We do not undertake that the Website will be available to you uninterrupted or be free from defects, errors or malicious code (such as viruses) or secure. We may suspend, withdraw or restrict the availability of all or part of the Website or any content on the Website for any reason in our absolute discretion, including for maintenance or to safeguard the Website. You remain responsible for your own online safety when accessing the Website and should ensure you operate adequate, up to date internet security software and comply with good practice in relation to internet security.
- Subject to your compliance with these Terms, Burberry grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sub licensable, revocable licence to download and use the Website. You must not copy (save as is incidental to ordinary use), modify or attempt to reverse engineer the Website. We may revoke the licence described in this paragraph 4 at any time with or without notice to you.
- The information set out on our Website is not an invitation to invest in Burberry shares, or any other products or services or otherwise deal in these or enter into a contract with Burberry or any other company. The information provided should not be relied upon in connection with any investment decision. We are not responsible for the content of any other website from which you have accessed our Website or to which you may hyperlink from our Website and cannot be held liable for any loss or damage you incur as a result thereof. In addition, we cannot be held responsible for any damage or losses, true or alleged, deriving from the use or from having trusted the content, or goods and services available on those sites or external sources.
- The past performance of Burberry or any other company referred to on the Website cannot be relied upon as a guide to its future performance. The price of shares and the income derived from them can go down as well as up and investors may not recoup the amount originally invested. Any reference to any product or service which has been or may be provided by Burberry or any other company does not amount to a promise that such product or service will be available at any time. Changes to and / or improvements in such products or services may be made at any time without notice.
C. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- The content of our Website, including all data, text, code, designs, databases, artwork, images, fonts, logos, video and audio files and interfaces (“Burberry Content”), is subject to intellectual property rights owned or licensed by Burberry. Such rights are protected by domestic and international law, including the laws of copyright and registered and unregistered trade marks. Burberry reserves all rights not expressly granted in these Terms and you do not have any rights in or to the Burberry Content or any intellectual property rights in either other than the limited licences expressly set out in these Terms.
- You must not use, copy (other than as incidental to normal use) or modify the Burberry Content save as expressly permitted by these Terms.
- You are not permitted to reproduce Burberry Content on any other website, transfer, sell or distribute any Burberry Content or use any means to “scrape” Burberry Content from our Website.
- You must always acknowledge Burberry, or any other person so identified, as the author of the Burberry Content.
- Unless specifically prohibited by a notice published on any page, you may make a print copy of such parts of the Website as you may reasonably require for your own personal use provided that any copy has attached to it any relevant proprietary notices and/or disclaimers. You must not use the any content on our Website for any other purpose.
- Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits our liability for anything which cannot be excluded or limited by law, including any such rights given to you by applicable consumer rights law.
- Subject to the preceding paragraph, the Website and Burberry Content are provided on an “as is” basis and Burberry excludes all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to the Website and/or Burberry Content. Burberry and its group companies will not be liable to you, whether in contract or tort (including negligence and breach of statutory duty) or otherwise, for any of the following suffered or incurred by you arising out of or in connection with these Terms or their subject matter (including your use of the Website and/or Burberry Content):
i. economic losses, including loss of any actual or anticipated income, profits or savings;
ii. third party claims;
iii. loss of data;
iv. loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation;
v. for any interruption, suspension or malfunction of any kind of the Website;
vi. for any bugs or viruses;
vii. for any errors or omissions contained in the information available on the Website,
viii. for any and all damage resulting from a third party’s fraudulent intrusion which causes modifications to the information contained on the Website;
ix. wasted expenditure or loss of anticipated savings;
x. losses suffered by reason of your use, inability to use or reliance upon the Website, the Burberry Content or any third party content; and
xi. any special, indirect, consequential or unforeseeable losses.
You must not misuse the Website, including by introducing viruses or other material that is, or is intended to be, malicious or technologically harmful or compromises the security of the Website. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, or any associated hardware or software, or attempt to disrupt the Website, including by means of a denial-of-service attack, or attempt to disable any security features of the Website. You must not do anything which harms the performance of the Website or that Burberry determines places an undue burden on the systems of Burberry.
You agree to indemnify Burberry and our group companies and keep us indemnified against all losses, liabilities, damages and costs (including reasonable legal fees) suffered by us or our group companies arising out of or in connection with any act or omission by you or any breach by you of these Terms.
- Any failure or delay by us in enforcing our rights under these Terms against you shall not mean that we have waived such rights. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and any such written waiver will not waive any later default by you.
- Each of the provisions of these Terms operates separately. If any court or competent authority determines that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining terms will remain in full force and effect.
- These Terms constitute the whole agreement between us and supersede any previous arrangement, understanding or agreement between us relating to the subject matter of these Terms.
- The contract between us is entered into on these Terms and no third party shall have any right to enforce them.
H. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of them, their subject matter or formation (including any non-contractual disputes or claims), are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any such dispute or claim.