Burberry has today announced it is partnering with Mythical Games for a second consecutive year to launch a new NFT collection in its flagship title, Blankos Block Party. As part of the collaboration, the brand is opening new spaces for its communities by creating a bespoke social space within the game where players can come together and enjoy a unique virtual experience.
The new NFT collection will include Burberry branded in-game accessories, including boomboxes, TB sliders, lucky horseshoe necklaces, and a ‘Shellphone’, a seashell-inspired mobile phone accessory, which players can add to their virtual portfolio of online accessories. Blankos Block Party players that own Burberry’s first NFT character, Sharky B, will also be rewarded with a free Monogram bucket hat accessory which will be released in coming weeks.
Draped in Burberry’s new TB Summer Monogram and inspired by the brand’s Animal Kingdom house code, the limited-edition Burberry Blanko NFT takes the form of a unicorn named Minny B. A playful interpretation of the mythical creature, Minny B is a kind, gentle, and cheeky character that melds art and creativity to evoke a sense of limitless possibility. Minny B is equipped with a signature spiralled horn and set of white wings, enhancing the character’s magical quality and allowing the Blanko to explore new spaces by flight.
Burberry has also created a bespoke social space within the game, a cabana style resort named 'The Oasis', where players can come together to connect, explore and enjoy a unique virtual experience. A futuristic haven decorated with inspiration from the natural world, The Oasis features an array of beaches, which include branded sailboats and sun loungers inspired by Burberry’s latest TB Summer Monogram destination takeovers in Saint-Tropez, Korea, Singapore and Ibiza.
The new Burberry Blanko and in-game accessories will be released as part of Burberry’s B Series, a series of limited-edition product drops available on Burberry’s digital channels. The NFT collection will be available for in-game purchase to all Blankos Block Party players worldwide on 22 June.
“We are delighted to partner once more with Mythical Games to bring our brand, values and creative spirit to communities around the world. Luxury is an industry built on fantasy and expression so in many ways, gaming is a canvas perfectly suited to bringing these dreams to life. The metaverse provides limitless opportunities for us to flex our imagination and connect with our customers in richer ways, and we’re excited to continue to experiment in this space.”
Rachel Waller, VP Channel Innovation, Burberry
“Blankos Block Party has ushered in a large, creative and dynamic community. The original Burberry collection was a first of its kind and was tremendously successful in showing how brands can interact in a web3 world. The next Burberry collection takes it up a notch with all new in-game content from Burberry and by airdropping players who are current Sharky B owners the new Burberry Bucket Hat accessory.”
Jamie Jackson, Chief Creative Officer, Mythical Games
NOTES TO EDITORS
About Burberry and Gaming
- Burberry launched its first in-game NFT collection in partnership with Mythical Games in August 2021.
- Burberry released its first game, B Bounce, in October 2019 and its extension Ratberry, in celebration of Chinese New Year, in January 2020.
- The luxury house’s first multiplayer game, B Surf, was launched in July 2020 in support of the TB Summer Monogram campaign.
- All games have been developed in-house by Burberry’s digital teams.
About Mythical Games
- Burberry announced its first partnership with Mythical Games in June 2021.
- Acknowledged by Forbes Disruptive Technology Companies To Watch in 2019 and Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas 2021, Mythical is a next-gen games technology company creating a web3 gaming ecosystem by leveraging blockchain technology and playable NFTs for tools that enable players, creators, artists, brands and game developers to become stakeholders and owners in new play and own game economies.
About Blankos Block Party
- Led by gaming industry veterans, the team specialises in building games around player-owned economies and has helped develop major franchises including Call of Duty, World of Warcraft, Guitar Hero, DJ Hero, Marvel Strike Force and Skylanders.
- Mythical’s first flagship title ‘Blankos Block Party’ is a vibrant, inclusive world styled like a giant block party, where players can compete in a variety of fun minigames with friends, collect and blend unique digital vinyl toys called Blankos and earn fully ownable digital items through gameplay, in each case in the form of NFTs which can also be bought and sold on the Mythical Marketplace in player-to-player transactions for real money. This first game transforms the relationship between game economies and players, brands, content creators and game developers to showcase Mythical’s vision of player-owned economies.
- Blankos Block Party and the Mythical Marketplace are built on a private EOSIO blockchain using a Proof of Authority model that is more environmentally friendly and sustainable than the Proof of Work model (neither the game nor Blankos NFTs require any crypto mining).
- Blankos Block Party is developed and published by Mythical Games.
- Burberry is a British luxury brand, headquartered in London, UK.
- Founded in 1856, Burberry is listed on the London Stock Exchange (BRBY.L) and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 index.
- BURBERRY, the Equestrian Knight Device, the Burberry Check and the Thomas Burberry Monogram and Print are trademarks belonging to Burberry.
- For more news: www.burberryplc.com