Burberry is first luxury brand to partner with Twitch to livestream its fashion show
Burberry is partnering with live video streaming service Twitch to invite its global community to immerse itself in the Burberry Spring/Summer 2021 show experience set in the British outdoors.
Burberry’s show will use Twitch’s unique Squad Stream functionality, with Burberry hosts live streaming the show together in one window. This will provide virtual guests with the ability to view multiple perspectives of the show at once and converse through Twitch’s chat function, creating a personal, inclusive experience.
At the frontier of live entertainment, Twitch has evolved beyond its roots in online gaming to feature content spanning a broad spectrum of interests, including music and art. Inspired by the fashion house’s longstanding desire to push the boundaries in digital innovation, the collaboration with Twitch is the next step in Burberry’s journey to continually engage with its community through curated content and experiences.
“Burberry has always been a brand of firsts and partnering with Twitch continues this legacy. Twitch unlocks an exciting new space where our Burberry community can be digitally transported to feel like they have a virtual seat at our live show. It is an interactive experience where guests can connect with both our brand and each other whilst personalising their viewing journey.”
Rod Manley, Chief Marketing Officer at Burberry
“Burberry has embraced the full potential of Twitch in this collaboration to create a truly live, interactive, never to be repeated experience. There is great overlap between the Twitch and Burberry superfans, creating a hugely impactful synergy between the two brands.”
Adam Harris, Global Head, Brand Partnerships Studio at Twitch
The Burberry Spring/Summer 2021 show will be live streamed on Thursday 17 September at 1pm BST on Burberry’s Twitch account.
Notes to Editors
- Burberry’s Twitch account: https://www.twitch.tv/burberry/squad
- The show will be completely remote, with no guests attending in person.
- In 2010, Burberry became the first luxury brand to livestream its runway show to a global audience.
- Burberry is a global luxury brand, headquartered in London, UK
- Founded in 1856, Burberry is listed on the London Stock Exchange (BRBY.L) and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 index.
- BURBERRY, the Equestrian Knight Device, the Burberry Check and the Thomas Burberry Monogram and Print are trademarks belonging to Burberry.
- For more news: www.burberryplc.com
- Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each to day to create unique, live, unpredictable experiences through the interactions of millions. Together, the community creates entertainment across a host of categories from casual gaming to world-class esports, sports, music and art streams.
- We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Twitter and on our blog.