Burberry reveals hosts for its fashion show Twitch livestream
Burberry is the first luxury brand to partner with Twitch to livestream its Spring/Summer 2021 show experience set in the British outdoors on Thursday 17 September at 1pm BST on Burberry’s Twitch account.
Erykah Badu, Rosalía, Steve Lacy and Bella Hadid have been revealed as Burberry’s Twitch livestream hosts, who will begin with a pre-show conversation from 12:30pm BST on Thursday 17 September. Burberry’s show will use Twitch’s unique Squad Stream functionality, with the four Burberry hosts simultaneously streaming the show together live. This will provide virtual guests with the ability to view multiple perspectives of the pre-show conversation at once and converse through Twitch’s chat function, creating a personal, inclusive experience.
At the frontier of live entertainment, Twitch has evolved beyond its roots in online gaming to feature content spanning a broad spectrum of interests, including music and art. Inspired by the fashion house’s longstanding desire to push the boundaries in digital innovation, the collaboration with Twitch is the next step in Burberry’s journey to continually engage with its community through curated content and experiences.
Notes to Editors
- Burberry’s Twitch account: https://www.twitch.tv/burberry
- The show will be completely remote, with no guests attending in person.
- In 2010, Burberry became the first luxury brand to livestream its runway show to a global audience.
- Burberry is a global luxury brand, headquartered in London, UK
- Founded in 1856, Burberry is listed on the London Stock Exchange (BRBY.L) and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 index.
- BURBERRY, the Equestrian Knight Device, the Burberry Check and the Thomas Burberry Monogram and Print are trademarks belonging to Burberry.
- For more news: www.burberryplc.com
- Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each to day to create unique, live, unpredictable experiences through the interactions of millions. Together, the community creates entertainment across a host of categories from casual gaming to world-class esports, sports, music and art streams.